With weddings still being to restricted to 30 guests, The Barn at Avington brings you our first ever 'micro-wedding' package. Working with your chosen caterers and suppliers, the barn can be magically transformed into a unique dining experience, an immersive adventure or even a cocktail party. However you want to celebrate your love and marriage, we're here for you. Our stunning riverside space and festoon encircled garden means that guests can enjoy the wedding without being confined to the barn.
Our advice to you is to do things differently. It's not going to be the wedding you imagined, so make it even better. Make it all about you and your love for each other. It might not be THE dream day, but we will make sure it's the dreamiest of days. Here are some of our quirky ideas for a micro reception at the barn...
- Fill the barn with big cushions and comfy sofas, hire a mobile pizza van and project your favourite romantic movie on our white walls. Speeches, cake, cocktails and a first dance while your favourite song from the movie is playing.
- A wedding picnic... each family or group of friends can share a blanket and basket full of all the traditional treats. Pimms would be the perfect accompaniment and each blanket can take a turn to do a speech or performance. The couple should have their own blanket, which would be perfectly placed on our platform overlooking the river.
- Camping weekend - with smores, campfire poems and songs for the couple, bell tents and a big group walk with your photographer. Definitely for the more adventurous, but our holiday cottages provide some comfort for those not wanting to sleep under canvas.
- Start later in the afternoon with a Club Tropicana style party. Guests should dress to impress with fruit and floral inspired fashion and decor. Beautiful salads, delicious cocktails, plenty of dancing and even karaoke. Inflatable flamingos optional.
- Go bohemian with on the floor seating, plenty of cushions, acoustic guitar and lots of flowers. Get each guest to prepare a few words and go around the table sharing these and stories of your happy times with the couple. The food can be mezze style but plated individually.
Let us know if any of these ideas make you feel excited for a new kind of wedding... we can't wait to hear your ideas too.